In most cases, you get paid when viewers watch ads. Now, I guess you might want to know how much YouTubers get paid per video or how many views it takes to make money on YouTube?

YouTube creators get paid based on two metrics: the number of ad views and the number of ad clicks.

If you want to get paid, you have to make sure your audience have clicked through to the advertiser or have viewed at least 30 seconds of the ad. Broken down further, about 15 percent of viewers will convert into ad revenue. Therefore, you can start to calculate just how much your video could be worth.

As an average, most advertisers are paying in the region of $7.60 per 1,000 impressions. However, you don’t expect to see all of that $7.60 popped into your AdSense account because YouTube needs to make money too.

The ad revenue generated on YouTube is split between Google and you. Google/YouTube keep 45 percent of all YouTube advertising revenue. Thus, you will take the remaining 55 percent. Simply put, if you were earning that average $7.60, your actual earnings would be $4.18 per 1,000 views.

If you are just getting started on YouTube, you are supposed to find your niche. With time goes by, you will have a highly targeted audience base. As a result, advertisers are willing to pay good money to use. And then, you can earn money from YouTube.

If you’re already making money with ads on your videos and have an established audience, you can try other ways of making money on YouTube.

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *